Taiwan is rich in fabric materials, and the NTCRI works to teach students in the use of natural dyes, weaving, knitting, knot-making, and embroidery. In research-centered courses, students work to meld traditional patterns and shapes with local, artistic, and scalable styles that reflect modernity.
1. Hold courses on natural dyeing to improve professional skills.
2. Share artistic techniques and product development results industrywide via camps and other activities.
3. Encourage the use of local resources and development of local specialties.
4. Hold international exhibitions at which foreign scholars and experts provide instruction that improves the professional capabilities of local crafters and enlarges their global vision.
5. Create natural fabric crafts using locally available dyes, fibers, and themes emblematic of Taiwan.
Place: Technique Section 3F
Phone: +886-49-2334141 Ext. 331, 332, 131, 301